Under the light of traffic code designed by the Government of United States of America, reckless driving is considered to be a serious offense on which severe penalties are imposed. Traffic code has been designed in order to avoid any chaos and haphazard around the county of Richmond, however anyone found guilty of violating this code is subjected to strict punishment in terms of fine or imprisonment by the court. Reckless driving is considered to be an offense of extreme illegitimacy, even more than that of careless or heedless driving. Reckless driving refers to the act of driving in which a driver is found driving rashly on the roads of Commonwealth of Virginia (violating the traffic code of a particular region). Under the light of Virginia Law following strict penalties are imposed on the accused:
- An accused is convicted to Class 1 Misdemeanor;
- An accused is convicted to Class 6 Felony;
- An accused is subjected to the imprisonment of either six months or a whole year(depending upon the nature of the offense committed);
- An accused is charged with a heavy fine of not more than $2500;
- Driver’s driving permit is suspended for a particular time span (which is more than 10 days).
Penalties depict that a heavy fine of up to $2500 is imposed, which usually becomes difficult for many to pay. These penalties are imposed on each individual found guilty of reckless driving. Following are the conditions under which a person falls under the category of ‘reckless driving charge’:
- If a person is found driving rashly on the roads of Commonwealth;
- If a person is found racing on the roads of Commonwealth;
- If a person is found driving with a speed more than 20 miles per hour;
- If a person found driving a vehicle with a speed approaching to 80 mile per hour;
- If a person is found guilty of intervening between two vehicles with his or her vehicle;
- If a person is found guilty of driving recklessly on a populated area; and
- If a person is found guilty of driving recklessly on a public region.
Traffic violations are considered to be a serious offense all around the state, Richmond being an independent county of Virginia follows more or less same rules as rest of the state does. Reckless driving is one of the most serious offenses, has to follow strict penalties, however the offender can argue in the court that although he or she has committed an offense no one was at harm.
For this purpose, one has to hire a legal attorney and adviser. In case if you are in need SRIS Law Group is here to assist you with maximum of their services. We have a group of extraordinarily talented attorneys including trial lawyers and two former prosecutors who can deal with reckless driving charges proficiently. All that you need to do is contact any of our attorneys and fix your first consultancy session with us. Your satisfaction is our priority!